Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Menorrhagia (Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods): Ayurvedic Treatment



Menorrhagia (Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods): Natural Treatment
Excessively heavy bleeding or prolonged periods are considered as menorrhagia. It is categorized under abnormal uterine bleeding. According to Ayurveda, the aggravated pitta vitiates blood (rakta) and causes overflow through yoni. This is named asruja yoni.

The external therapy includes the following:
1.    A continuous thin flow of medicated oil (dhara), milk, or buttermilk on forehead or lower abdomen
2.    Fomentation (seka)
3.    Simple oil application (abhyanga)
4.    A local application of drugs with cotton ball as a plug (pichu)
These external treatments are done to alleviate pain, stop the excess blood flow, and relax the patient. Internally Saraca indica, Terminalia arjuna, Indian sarsaparila, Santalum album, and A. Vera are commonly used herbs. Lodhrasavam, chandanasavam, kumaryasavam, ashokarishtom, chandrakala vati, bolabaddha ras, and pradarantak ras are some of the most commonly used formulas.
Takradhara (a continuous flow of buttermilk processed with Cyperus rotundus and Emblica officinalis is called a Takradhara) was found effective in menorrhagia. A formulation named kashmarya-kutaja ghrita was found very effective in menorrhagia. Pushyanuga churnam was found highly significant in menorrhagia. Ashokarishtam and musalikhadiradi kwatha, two multiherbal formulas, have been shown to be highly effective in normalizing the menstrual cycle as well as reducing associated symptoms such as palpitation, weakness, and myalgia. Kutajashtaka lehyam, a classical formula, was also found to be very effective in menorrhagia and dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
A multiherbal formula containing Saraca indica, A. vera, Cyperus rotundus, etc. produced significant results in oligomenorrhea. This formula may be significantly effective in helping infertility disorders.
Dietary and Behavioral Regimen
Women should avoid foods that are fried, greasy, spicy, and sour. Indian spices such as coriander, turmeric, mint, and anise seeds are recommended. Hot spices, garlic, ginger, and chilies and hot beverages such tea, coffee, and alcohol should be avoided. Green vegetables including zucchini, squash, cucumber, pumpkin, Indian gooseberry, and dates and soups of legumes and vegetables are recommended, as these have a cooling effect.
Women should add fresh fruits (accept citrus) and dairy products such as milk, fresh cottage cheese, and ghee (butter oil) to the diet. Pulses and grains are also very beneficial. Coconut water, barley water, and buttermilk are also good.
Excessive stress and strain need to be avoided. Maintaining proper hygiene of the genital organs is of primary importance. A proper bowel movement every day is also considered important. Relaxation of the mind is very important for menorrhagia as in any other disease.
Note:
1.    Detailed articles containing gynecological diseases specific Ayurvedic information/knowledge are in que and no sooner will be published on the blog.
2.    The information shared in the article or any other article on the blog is having sole purpose of creating awareness about benefits Ayurveda or traditional medicine system across the world and informative in nature.
3.    It is strongly recommended to consult a registered expert before following or adopting any information provided in this article or on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete